High-wing light monoplane with welded steel tubular frame fuselage. The wings have internal wooden spars and aluminium cross-members. Wings, fuselage and tailplane are encased in canvas, stretched tight by means of the application of dope.
The plane has two rubber-tyred wheels on sprung struts below the cabin, and a small sprung tailwheel. This aircraft is displayed in a livery of powder blue with maroon stripes and lettering.
G-AJRH was bought by Newcastle Upon Tyne Aero Club in 1947. It was modified in 1956 to include a more powerful engine which improved its speed and rate of climb. This was carried out so it could compete in the 1956 National Air Races. G-AJRH was flown to victory by Jim Denyer at the King's Cup air race held at Coventry (Bagington) Airport.
The aircraft stayed at the Aero Club until 1961 when it was sold to a private owner. It passed through many hands before being sold to Leicestershire Museum Service in 1984.
G-AJRH was bought in a dismantled state, without an engine or any instruments. It returned to it's former glory in 1998-1999 when, with help from Ron Neale at Leicester Aero club, it underwent restoration. The aircraft was repainted in the livery it wore when winning the King's Cup.