Šaleška Valley 1941 - 1945

The exhibition shows the Second World War period in Šaleška dolina valley in all its extensiveness. Occupation of Slovene Styria and the enemy did not give the Slovene people any chance to survive. The enemy's goal was to entirely Germanize the country in 3 to 5 years. Occupation, violence and terror lead to revolt which was the only way out. The second part of the exhibition is consecrated to the revolt of the Slovene people, the national liberation movement with the emphasis on the activities of the 14th division and capitulation of German unities in Topolščica.

The linking element of the exhibition is poet Karel Destovnik - Kajuh. The exhibition is also consecrated to national heroes Dušan Mravljak - Mrož and Miha Pintar - Toledo and several other warriors, activists and individuals who collaborated in the mass revolt against the enemy. The main element is a cherry blossom from Kajuh's poem that symbolizes antiwar thoughts and summarizes the main idea of the exhibition.


Exhibitions and events

Mastodon - Palaeontological collection

Permanent exhibition

In the former stables prehistoric finds of two spices of mastodon, predecessors of today's elephant, are exhibited. They were discovered in 1964 in Škale near Velenje. Mastodons strode in...

Šaleška Valley between the 10th and 17th Century

Permanent exhibition

The exhibition presents Šaleška dolina valley from the first written documents dating from the 12th century until the end of the 17th century at the time of a decline of the Middle Age...

Castle Chapel

Permanent exhibition

In the 17th century the northwest protective tower of the castle was altered into a chapel. It was renovated in 1985 and a collection of baroque art from church St. George in Škale was...

African Collection

Permanent exhibition

The collection is composed of objects gathered by Czech academic sculptor František Foit during his 25 years in Africa. It was renovated in 1998 and is the only collection of this kind in...

Old shop and inn - Reconstruction of a shop with mixed goods and an inn from the beginning of the 20th Century

Permanent exhibition

The shop dates from around 1930 and is furnished with original equipment from two shops in Šaleška dolina valley: drawers, counter, old cash box, a stand with glass vessel for sweets,...

Show all

Activities from this museum

We don't have anything to show you here.


Suggested Content