A doll's tea service, decorated with a blue and white willow pattern. Although showing an oriental scene, the willow pattern is an English invention. It was first engraved by Thomas Minton in about 1780.
The tea service consists of five small plates, cups and saucers, a teapot, sugar bowl, milk jug, two square cake plates and a full size saucer with a gold rim. It was made by W.T. Copeland & Sons Ltd., Stoke-on-Trent, between 1847 and 1867. Some of the set is marked Spode, which was bought out by Copeland in 1833.