This corset was produced in 1933 from a design originating in the early 1920s. It became one of the most successful designs produced in Symington's "Avro" range.
The corset has a deep, busk front underbelt with cotton elastic side panels (see Other Views). It has a wedge busk with one hook and eye below, sprial steel boning and four suspenders.
This design of corset was produced as a Utility scheme garment during World War Two and was finally discontinued in 1968, after more than forty years of consistent sales.
Museum ref. F40