Atherstone Hunt Button
The Atherstone fox hunt extends 24 miles north to south and 18 miles east to west, covering parts of Leicestershire and Warwickshire and small areas of Staffordshire and Derbyshire.
The hunt dates from 1804, during the Mastership of Squire Osbaldeston (1815-1817) the present country of the Atherstone was defined. Between 1930 and 1950 the hunt was divided.
The Master and hunt staff wear distinctive red jackets with white collars and blue collars for lady members, the evening dress jacket is red with gorge de pigeon (grey facings).